Thomas Andrew Merritt was (born June 28, 6:36 PM, 1970) in Greenville, Illinois. He is an Executive Editor for CNET and the developer and co-host of CNET networks' daily podcast Buzz Out Loud along with Molly Wood. He also originated CNET's "The Real Deal", a regular column & podcast (co-hosted with Rafe Needleman) dealing with consumer technology. He did the Top 5 Show on CNET TV, and he co-hosted CNET Live with fellow editor Brian Cooley. Born in Greenville Illinois, Merritt's father worked on the Coffee Mate project as a food scientist. Merritt received a BS in journalism from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and pursued graduate work in communications at the University of Texas at Austin.
Tom's foray into the world of radio began in 1986 as a DJ for WGEL, a country music station located in Greenville, Illinois. In 1993, Merritt worked as an intern for National Public Radio's "Morning Edition". From 1999 to 2004 Merritt worked for TechTV in San Francisco as an Executive Web Producer and served as a radio host with TechTV until 2003. Tom Merritt started his current job with CNET in 2004. In addition to his duties as co-host of Buzz Out Loud, Merritt hosts a podcast with Roger Chang called East Meets West which deal with various issues such as technology, sports, and politics.
Tom sleeps on a bed of money. This is a joke frequently heard on the show.
On friday April 16, 2010 Tom posted in his blog that he would be stepping down as a full-time employee of CNET on friday May 14. The future of Buzz Out Loud will be announced.
- Buzz Out Loud
- East Meets West
- The Sword and Laser
- Boiling Point
- Molly Wood
- Jason Howell
- Veronica Belmont
- Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on 2007-10-21.
- (2006-05-27)"CNET launches Podcast Central". The Online Reporter (494): 10. Retrieved on 2007-11-23.
- CNET Podcast Central (19 October 2007). Retrieved on 2007-10-21.
- Molly Wood and Tom Merritt (18 September 2007). Buzz Out Loud 577: Steve Jobs' pants. Retrieved on 2007-10-21.
- Resume / CV (21 October 2007). Retrieved on 2007-10-21.
- [[wikipedia:Roger Chang|]] and Tom Merritt. East Meets West. Retrieved on 2007-10-21.
- ["http://bol.cnet.com" Tom Merritt, podcast # 762].
- The Real Deal column
- The Real Deal podcast
- East Meets West podcast
- SubBrilliant News
- IMDb Listing
- Explanation of Tom's username
- Tom's Social Networks: Twitter, Digg
- Boiling Point 11-part free MP3 audiobook at archive.org
- Tom's first Geocities site, blog post, and tweet
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Tom Merritt. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Buzz Out Loud Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|